The Society of American Archivists 2015 Annual Meeting is right around the corner! The meeting will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, this year, from August 16-22, and the theme is “Make the Connection”. Here is the REPS guide to resources and guides for those attending – or those watching at home.
The basics — where to go, how to get there, and how you should behave while you are there.
- SAA Code of Conduct
- SAA 2015 Schedule
- SAA 2015 Conference App
- Learn About Cleveland from the Host Committee Blog!
Advice for Attendees
Some recurrent themes, which REPS also endorses: Stay hydrated! Wear some comfortable shoes! Bring charging cables and/or a power strip! Talk to (archivist) strangers! Bring your resume and business cards! And have a good time!
- First Timer’s Guide for SAA 2015
- Your First Annual Meeting
- New Members, First Timers, and Students
- SNAP’s SAA 2014 Annual Meeting Advice Series
- ProjectARCC’s SAA 2015 Guide
Besides the educational sessions, there are lots of interesting things to get involved in over the course of the meeting.
- Repository Tours and Open Houses
- Service Projects
- Brown Bag Lunches
- Record Your Story at the StoryCorps Audio Booth
Even if you aren’t presenting, there are many ways to interact with people during the conference.
- Live Tweet using the hashtag #saa15
- Propose a Pop Up Session on site
- Derangement & Descriptions’s SAA 2015 Bingo Cards
- Sign up to write session summaries for the SNAP blog!
- Purchase Conference Recordings from SAA 2015 (available after September 15, 2015)
REPS Blog Posts
A little advice from REPS …
- Reflections of a SAA first-timer by Joan Ilacqua
- Reflections of a SAA third-timer by Sofia Becerra-Licha
- Getting the most out of professional organizations by Aliza Leventhal
- How to make the most out of your first conference experience by Rose Oliveira
Other Tips on Conference-Going
… and from others.
- Conference Survival Tips
- Librarian Wardrobe
- Maximizing your post-conference opportunities
- Making small-talk at conferences