NEA’s Spring 2016 Meeting, “Uncharted Waters”, will be held next week (March 31-April 2, 2016) in Portland, ME! If you haven’t registered, advanced registration rates end this Friday, March 25!
Need a ride to Portland? Check out the ride share!
REPS is hosting a number of events at the meeting.
- On Friday, April 1, from 10:30 am-12:00 pm, check out the REPS-sponsored panel discussion Strange New Worlds: Exploring Careers Outside of Archives.
- Also on Friday from 3:30 pm-4:30 pm stop in to the REPS annual business meeting, where the new steering committee will be announced and introduced and we will be voting on changes to the by-laws. Read the agenda.
- On Saturday, April 2 at 6:00 pm, join us at the REPS Meet Up at Flatbread Company Portland! RSVP here.
If this is your first time attending an NEA meeting, REPS events are a great way to meet another new archivists in the region. Here’s some other things you should check out!
- Friday, 8 am: New Member Breakfast
- The Archives Carnivals on Friday and Saturday afternoons, including:
- Resume and Cover Letter review services
- Work-Life balance brainstorming sessions
- Home Movie Day screening
- Friday at 4:30 pm: Archives StorySlam!, inspired by the Moth Radio Hour
- Friday at 5:30 pm: Happy Hour reception
- Respite Room, a new addition to the NEA meeting, providing a space to get away from the hectic pace of conferencing for awhile.
Make sure you tweet about it with other attendees! Use the hashtag #neasp16!
We at REPS hope to see you there! Have fun exploring Portland!